Come on over to , the new archive community for old Writer's Block questions!
Lots of sources, but primarily stuff I read or watch (I'm on a minor superhero kick after watching the X-Men movies, though I'm more interested in inappropriate mutations/powers like flying in someone with a phobia of heights) or discussions with . I only post my unfinished writing to my friendslist, but my finished writing is often inspired by conversations, though sometimes there's just a random strike of inspiration (this is the case for e.g. How Zebra Got His Stripes).
Current writing projects are a story I call Tell You a Secret which was inspired by a "what-if" posed in conversation which got blown out of proportion, which in turn followed on a chain of events which started out as an outrageous suggestion. Basically, a group that's more or less grown up together gather at the oldest member's apartment to watch a movie, one of the guests says something rather hurtful to her, and she decides to get back at him by utterly grossing him out. His reaction amuses her enough to try the same on his twin brother, but that backfires a bit on her, leading to... not entirely objectionable consequences. Dun-DUN!
The other one is writing the final (final-er?) version of the second chapter of Bound to the Cage Bird which is up on my FurRag archive -- the idea of those characters also popped up in conversation, connected to some griping that Skinning and Leatherworking in World of Warcraft have an odd division of labor (IMO creating higher-grade leather from leather scraps and tanning hides should fall under Skinning, not Leatherworking).
Visual art I'm working on lately has been a companion piece for the raffle I'm running (details in ) and a sample piece for a limited-time underpriced commission drive thing I'm doing. Then I've done gift art for because I adore him and he's awesome (and made it suggestive since even if we are all lovey, he's SO GAY :P), a piece of fanart for Ponystars' monthly contest thing. I may or may not have been rewarded with 300 Acclaim coins for doing so (I thought that was why I got the coins, but other people report getting no reward for sending in art so who knows).
Next few drawings I should be doing are art for , and . I also want to do reference art for some of my characters who don't have any/enough, a couple more pieces of gift art, and then who knows?
But yeah. Stuff.
I've got....two basic ways I go about any drawings I do. Either I find myself in a tightly wound-up emotional state, that I *need* to force my way out of by drawing, or I find myself in an open-minded capable mood, surrounded by a folder full of ideas and just go. So I guess you could view it either as release or spontaneity.
from my head
first off i just need to tell you that i have found true love... in a 2008 camaro!!!!
and now a survey to put off my ramblings of hating everyone around me...
1. If I looked in your trunk, what would I find?
a tent, a camping chair, clothes for charity
2. Do you go to the bathroom with the door open or closed?
usually closed since i live with other people
3. Are your underwear and socks folded in your drawers or just thrown in?
thrown in for sure my socks never even match
4. Sleep on your back or stomach?
i roll around
5. Are you a cuddler?
not unless i have to
6. What would I find if I looked under your bed?
a bunch of shoes and some beer and a bottle of vodka
7. Something that happened today that has made you mad?
my grades are horrible people at work know how to do their job properly and still don't and the big bag lady stole from my BBV today
8. What were you doing before this survey?
listening to my mom tell me once again i need to "learn emotions"
9. What will you do after this survey?
take my contacts out and go to sleep
10. Marriage or living together?
i won't get married until everyone can
11. What are you wearing right now?
shorts and 2 tee shirts and socks
12. Have you ever been in love?
nope and don't want to anytime soon
14. Do you talk about your feelings or hide them?
i don't hide much of anything
15. Is there something you regret and wish you could take back.
16. First thing you do when you wake up?
answer my phone usually or put contacts in
17. Last person you told you love them?
19. Bite or Lick?
depends who is being bitten or licked
20. Last argument you got into?
with the lady at the bank yesterday... 128 over draw fee for and 85 cent over draw... bull shit
21. Do you tend to rip the paper off water bottles?
22. Why do you like the person you like?
oh gosh i like so many people. but i guess the one i have liked the longest.. because hes funny and smart and we have a lot in common and he treats girls well... and i love his mom
23. When you shut off your alarm clock, do you tend to fall back asleep?
yeah i still need my mom to wake me up
24. If you were given the chance to take care of a monkey for a weekend, would you?
no i don't like animals much
25. What is the current advertisement on the side of the screen?
make every show your own
26. What are you looking forward to in the next few months?
nothing... christmas i guess so i can get more money to get a new car or new apartment
27. When will you turn 50?
in 32 years
28. What is your favorite board game?
Monopoly or shrek operation
29. Where do you wish you were right now?
in greece. alone. shopping and eating wonderful greek food
30. What song are you currently listening to?
31. Have you ever passed out from drinking?
32. If you caught a significant other cheating on you what would you do?
i would have to be in the situation there are alot of other variables
33. What time did you wake up this morning?
i didn't have school today so at like ten
34. Do you have any cousins?
yeah a lot of them
35. who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
a customer... no aaron
36. What is your favorite milk shake flavor?
37. What is the WORST subject they teach in school?
38. Where do you plan on living when you grow up?
i want a very nice house in the suburbs of chicago or a really nice apartment in new york city or a giant house in a small town outside of boston
39. What was your dream last night?
i dont remember
40. How many times have you seen your favorite movie?
i don't have a favorite
41. Where was the last place you traveled?
owensville lol mexico i guess was the last trip i went on
42. Where would you like to travel next?
43. What is your favorite song?
i don't have one
44. Why are you doing this survey?
because i have to much to think about to sleep but i don't know how to write it out
45. What is the best ice cream flavor?
46. Do you think you are attractive?
47. Is someone on your mind right now?
48. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
doubt it ... not without stopping to think
49. Do you worry about how you look?
sometimes but usually i accept the ugly
50. Would you ever change for a boy/girl?
i might but i would have to agree that it is a change to better myself not just make them happy
52. Have you ever been on stage?
yeah many times
53. Can you whistle?
i can try
54. Would you do anything for that special someone?
55. Do you know who Stewie Griffin is?
he is the baby in family guy... duh i work at blockbuster
56. Do you have any plans for today?
today is over.... but my plans were to walk the dogs (check) watch mr. brooks (check) and go to work (ugh check)
57. Are you friends with more guys or girls?
idk girls whine alot and expect you be their best friend
61. What color is your toothbrush?
pink white and yellow
62. What makes you laugh?
a lot of things. usually people doing stupid things
am i a bad person for hating most of the people i see daily?? like 90% of the people
I get my inspiration in a few ways. Most of the time I'm inspired by the things I love-I'll want to make something, say, Firefly inspired, and then I will go through my various crafty hobbies to see if anything in particular comes to mind. I'm also inspired by shopping online-I see crappy, mass-produced things and *know* that I could do that myself, so I do. And sometimes, random flashes of inspiration just hit me. I like those the best. :D
I don't do any crafts, but I do make Graphic design and illustrations. I get my inspiration from other people's art, the environment, experience, stories (mythology and folk lore), movies, music, and the joy that I feel when I have completed a great piece that I love.
Amazing but true, kiddies. :O After, like, 2 and a half years, give or take, I've obtained a new avatar. ing but true, kiddies. :O After, like, 2 and a half years, give or take, I've obtained a new avatar. Much love and thanks to
I get inspiration from my life, and all of my struggles i have been through. That is the best type of art you can create. My other inspiration is family tradition. I dont think it matters what the inspiration is, as long as you do your BEST on your art!
I get my inspiration from day to day life and things I see around me. People need happiness and beauty surrounding them, no matter what their definition of those things are.