Your video albums can be viewed and managed at http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/video/
. You can directly upload videos, create albums, and view your video albums from this page. Inside each album you can easily add your videos to entries, edit the album's security level, delete videos, and change the album or an individual video's name.
On your Albums page
, you can create new albums, upload a video
, and see your current storage use as shown in the image below.
Clicking on one of your albums allows you to manage the album and see all of the videos you have uploaded to it. Within a specific album you can:Edit album title & security
- Clicking the pencil icon
next to the album title allows you to edit the album's name and security level.Managing a video
- When you click on a video, the video is loaded and you are also presented with management options for it. You can change the video's name, move it to another album, change the video's security level, mark it as containing adult content, and post it to an entry from this menu.Add videos to an entry
- When your mouse hovers over a video, its title appears and a checkbox appears on its left. You can check the box for one or more videos, and use the "Add to post" button to add the video(s) to a new entry.
Adding videos to entries
To add a video to an entry you are composing on the Update Journal
page, click the "Insert Media" button
. You are then presented with several options:
- Upload video: This option allows you to upload a video from your computer or mobile device directly to LiveJournal by clicking the "Browse..." button. Once you have selected your video, you can also give it a name, assign what album the video should go in, adjust the security level of the video, and specify whether or not it contains adult content.
- From albums: You can select videos you have uploaded to LiveJournal in the past with this option. Select the album from the "Your albums" dropdown menu, select which video you would like to add to your entry, and click the "Insert videos" button.
- From another website: You can use the embed code provided by another website and paste it into the field provided here.
If you are using the HTML editor, you can also add the code manually by using <lj-embed>[embed code]</lj-embed>
, replacing [embed code] with the embed code provided by the hosting site.