After you upload images to your Scrapbook
, you can use Scrapbook's Add to entry/post
option to automatically post them to your journal. Alternatively, use the Insert Image
menu on the Post an Entry
page, or use HTML
to link to your Scrapbook images from any location.
Add to entry/post
- One Picture:
- When viewing a picture on its display page, click the Add to post link in the upper management-bar.
Multiple Pictures (from the same album):
- When viewing an album, click on the Add to entry link in the upper management-bar.
- In the resulting dialog box, all of the images from that album will appear with a check in the checkbox beneath them. If you want some images to not be added to your entry, simply click the box so that it is unchecked.
- When viewing an album, select pictures you wish to post by checking the pictures' checkboxes.
- Click on Add selected to entry in the lower management-bar.
- In the resulting dialog box, the images that you selected will appear with a check in the checkbox beneath them. If you've changed your mind about adding a particular image to an entry, simply click the box so that it is unchecked.
- In the Add to post dialog box you can change the arrangement of your pictures by clicking on the thumbnail and dragging it with your mouse.
- In the same dialog box you can also change the size of the posted image. In the lower-right corner of the box there is a dropdown list containing several size options (100, 300, 600, 800, 900, 1000, and Original). You can also decide whether you wish to Add a link to fullsize picture.
- When you click the Add to post button, Scrapbook sends you to the Post an Entry page, pre-filled with the picture code, where you can compose the rest of your entry and change entry options. In particular, you may set custom size to your pictures by manually changing values of their size parameters.
You can use image URLs with HTML
to add images to your comments, profile, custom mood theme
, or external web page.
When viewing an image on its display page, you can find the URL by clicking the Original
link on the right side of the lower management-bar. The URL will be structured like http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/YOURUSERNAME/YOURUSERID#/IMAGE#/original.jpg
(or .gif, .png, or .tif). If you want to resize the image, you can modify this URL, replacing original
at the end of the URL with your desired size.Examples
- Full-Size Image URL: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/exampleusername/693952/702/original.jpg
- 1000 pixel width Image URL: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/exampleusername/693952/702/1000.jpg
- 900 pixel width Image URL: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/exampleusername/693952/702/900.jpg
- 640 pixel width Image URL: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/exampleusername/693952/702/640.jpg
- 600 pixel width Image URL: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/exampleusername/693952/702/600.jpg
- 320 pixel width Image URL: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/exampleusername/693952/702/320.jpg
- 300 pixel width Image URL: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/exampleusername/693952/702/300.jpg
- 100 pixel width Image URL: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/exampleusername/693952/702/100.jpg