|Account type:||Permanent Account|
style: (S2) core: public, i18n: none, i18nc: none, layout: public, theme: custom, user: custom,
cluster: Filetmignon (#6); data version : 8
scheme: vertigo; language: en_LJ
|Request sent from Beta:|
|Photo hosting migration:||done|
|Support category:||ScrapBook [previous|next]|
|Time posted:||Fri, 04 May 2012 14:38:41 GMT (1 year ago)|
|Status:||closed (10 points to markf)|
|Summary:||New Scrapbook showing blanks, no nested galleries, navigation issues|
1. Roughly 1/3 of the pictures that were supposed to to have migrated are not there. They show as blanks squares in the gallery, and when I click 'original' it gives me a page of HTML (code, not rendered HTML) saying 'this pic was moved to...' These are not duplicate images, they are just not there. Some of them tell me the name of the image that was there, some don't. Am I supposed to guess?
2. I had several galleries which had sub-galleries - for examples, the gallery 'Panama' had several galleries broken into different areas of Panama. Now they are all at the same level. So there are no 'nested' albums now? No way to group related sets of images?! Seriously? You call this an improvement?
3. Minor, but this is exactly the kind of thing that should have been corrected BEFORE this went live - When browsing albums, the pane on the left shows the 'selected' or current album, the pane an on the right shows all the albums. So I page over to say page 4/6, and open a new album. But look, the album list reset to page 1/6. That is really, really stupid. To go over and check security on galleries, I have to page over in the list every. single. time. Yes, it's minor, compared to the other, more fatal flaws above, but it's an example of the kind of poorly thought-out, careless, sloppy work LJ turns out these days.
In summary, I am so, so SO, sorry I paid for a permanent account. I know my voice as a user means nothing because I can no longer threaten to withhold my almighty dollar. But I am vocal, and really, really, pissed. And plenty of other people are pissed, too. Maybe you hadn't noticed the steadily mounting numbers of people leaving to go to Dreamwidth, or just giving up on the journaling model altogether?
Diagnostics: Opera/9.80 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6.8; U; en) Presto/2.10.229 Version/11.62
Fri, 04 May 2012 14:41:48 GMT (1 year ago)
P.S. That nice little message saying I could view a detailed log of the migration? (So maybe I could, actually figure out what got lost in this mess) "Page not found.' OMG, LJ, you fail SO hard these days!
Tue, 08 May 2012 22:34:06 GMT (1 year ago)
Thank you for your report, and I apologize for the delay in responding. Regarding each of the points you have raised:
1) We've seen other reports that images were initially failing to redirect in some cases, but believe this has been fixed. Are you still seeing missing images? If so, please give us a few examples so we can continue to investigate this.
2) There are only top level galleries in the new system. Your feedback regarding this has been passed on to LiveJournal's development team.
3) I believe this is intended behavior; it's somewhat ambiguous whether someone would want the list of albums to stay on the current page or revert to the first page of them after selecting a new album.
4) The invalid URL for detailed logs (http://www.livejournal.com/pics/migration) will be the page where this information is available when the migration begins for all users. Unfortunately, it does not exist yet, but should be populated with relevant data regarding your account's migration when the page goes live in the next release.
Go to: previous open request
,next open request
Back to the list of open requests
Back to the support area