|From:||cherylalineriva — |
|Account type:||Plus Account|
style: (S2) core: public, i18n: none, i18nc: none, layout: public, theme: public, user: custom,
cluster: ChickenTikka (#9); data version : 8
scheme: horizon; language: en_LJ
|Request sent from Beta:|
|Photo hosting migration:||done|
|Support category:||ScrapBook [previous|next]|
|Time posted:||Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:29:41 GMT (1 year ago)|
|Status:||closed (10 points to markf — )|
|Summary:||I can;t see my friends scrapbooks?|
I am unable to see my friends scrapbooks - when I go to the scrapbook page its just a closed menu that says theres nothing to see, I don;t know how to resolve this.
Diagnostics: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.1
Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:43:07 GMT (1 year ago)
I apologize for the delay in responding to your request. So we can investigate this issue, could you please respond with the username of your friend whose Scrapbook you are unable to view?
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:47:27 GMT (1 year ago)
At first I couldn;t see ayones scrapbooks but now I can see 2 of my frieds okay but I can't see Dorrij she had tried everything at her end to try and change it for me, but she can't see a reason why I can't see her pics either.
Tue, 06 Mar 2012 23:06:14 GMT (1 year ago)
Your friend appears to have her Scrapbook galleries set to a security level of 'All Groups', but she does not appear to have any users included in her custom groups. This could lead to the trouble you are experiencing.
Please have your friend try this:
1) She should create a new custom friends group called 'Scrapbook' (or whatever phrase she'd like, but it should be a new group). She can create a new group here: http://www.livejournal.com/friends/editgroups.bml
2) She should add as many friends as she'd like into this group, ensuring that at least your username is added to the group (that your name appears in the 'In Group' list). She should be sure to save her changes to the group, using the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom of the page.
3) Then, she should visit her Manage Galleries page [http://pics.livejournal.com/manage/gals], select one or more of the galleries, and then use the Modify Selected field to select she'd like to change the security level.
4) She should then select the newly create 'Scrapbook' group (or whatever she called it) from the list of available security levels and then save the changes.
5) She should then check the security level of the individual images within the gallery as well.
Once at least one gallery is set to the new custom group and she has verified the individual images are not set to Private, you should visit her Scrapbook and see if you can now see the altered galleries.
Wed, 07 Mar 2012 18:39:20 GMT (1 year ago)
She has tried all this nd nothing has changed the situation, I still can't see her scrapbook. We don't know what else to try - I can't see anything in my settings that could be causing it either.
Wed, 07 Mar 2012 18:44:10 GMT (1 year ago)
I have somemoreinnfo on what the problem might be - but we don;t kow howto solve it.
This is what my friend told me she descovered (in her own words) :
Just now I went to my scrapbook and clicked on "Manage Groups". When I selected the group I had just created, I noticed that your name was not on the list of members. I had gone ahead and added the rest of my friends to this group and their names were showing up just fine, but yours wasn't. So what I did was I just placed your name in one of the slots for 'Add Members' and when I clicked the button to add you, it said 'Error: unable to add 'cherylalineriva'.
Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:17:41 GMT (1 year ago)
I apologize for the delay in responding to your request. There is a known bug where sometimes entering certain usernames will instead cause "vorelalt" to be added. It appears that your username is one account which has this problem. This issue has been forwarded to LiveJournal developers.
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:02:31 GMT (1 year ago)
Well I hope it can be sorted out soon please.
Go to: previous open request
,next open request
Back to the list of open requests
Back to the support area