?

Log in

Request #1468497

From: baal_ammon baal_ammon Typhon Baal Hammon
: Plus Account
LiveJournal: username: baal_ammon
style: (S2) core:  public,  i18n:  none,  i18nc:  public,  layout:  public,  theme:  public,  user:  custom
userpics: base + loyalty = userpics
sup enabled:
email validated? yes
cluster: NewYorkStrip (#4); data version : 8
design: new    friends page: feed
language: fr
underage no;
Is JavaScript enabled: yes
Request sent from Beta:
Photo hosting migration: done
Support category: Troubleshooting  [previous | next]
Time posted: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:42:05 GMT (4 years ago)
Status: closed (10 points to markf)
Summary: Updating problem
Original Request:
For several weeks, it has been difficult to update my livejournal blog due to server problems.
Apparently, when I click the 'update journal', the server just end up terminating the connection without sending any data back, nor does it take into account the form sent to it (since it fails to update the journal).

I have tried using a different browser, but it is quite obviously a bug on your side.
Diagnostics: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
rebelsheart rebelsheart  - Tango, The Wild Dream
Answer (#5614289)
Posted Thu, 01 Mar 2012 00:38:03 GMT (4 years ago)
Thank you for your report. This may indicate an issue with the connection between your computer and LiveJournal's servers. So that the Support team can investigate further, could you please run traceroutes to these sites:

sip.services.livejournal.com
l-stat.livejournal.com

and paste the results as a reply to this request?

In case you need them, instructions on how to perform a traceroute and copy the results may be found at [http://howto.livejournal.com/42062.html], or through your favorite search engine. Thank you for your assistance.
baal_ammon baal_ammon  - Typhon Baal Hammon
Comment (#5628433)
Posted Fri, 09 Mar 2012 23:26:33 GMT (4 years ago)
Here are the results :

$traceroute l-stat.livejournal.com
traceroute to l-stat.livejournal.com (93.188.131.5), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
  1 Livebox-AD10 (192.168.1.1) 2.176 ms 3.447 ms 5.105 ms
  2 * * *
  3 10.224.26.148 (10.224.26.148) 31.741 ms 34.592 ms *
  4 * * *
  5 * * *
  6 * * *
  7 * * *
  8 xe0-0-0.ter1.itx2.par.as8218.eu (83.167.56.189) 21.369 ms 23.385 ms 26.744 ms
  9 xe0-0-1.ter1.itx5.par.as8218.eu (83.167.55.17) 29.432 ms 31.820 ms *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 93.188.131.5 (93.188.131.5) 20.211 ms * *

$traceroute sip.services.livejournal.com
traceroute to sip.services.livejournal.com (208.93.0.193), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
  1 Livebox-AD10 (192.168.1.1) 3.221 ms 4.135 ms 5.311 ms
  2 * * *
  3 10.224.26.148 (10.224.26.148) 31.456 ms 35.227 ms *
  4 * * *
  5 * * *
  6 * * *
  7 * * *
  8 ae3.scr4.CDG2.gblx.net (67.16.138.9) 21.603 ms 28.348 ms 28.640 ms
  9 xe8-2-0-10G.scr4.LON3.gblx.net (67.16.165.230) 36.169 ms 39.050 ms *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *
13 * unknown.prolexic.com (209.200.156.58) 28.190 ms 27.210 ms
14 unknown.prolexic.com (209.200.158.210) 167.322 ms 170.237 ms 172.667 ms
15 * * *
16 * * *
17 * * *
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * * *
24 * * *
25 * * *
26 * * *
27 * * *
28 * * *
29 * * *
30 * * *

I have found that changing the MTU from 1500 to 1400 eliminates my problem (otherwise I wouldn't be able to post this answer).
With an MTU at 1400, the traceroute results are as follows :

$traceroute l-stat.livejournal.com
traceroute to l-stat.livejournal.com (91.202.200.35), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
  1 Livebox-AD10 (192.168.1.1) 1.955 ms 3.112 ms 4.789 ms
  2 * * *
  3 10.224.26.133 (10.224.26.133) 31.860 ms 34.399 ms *
  4 * * *
  5 * * *
  6 * * *
  7 * * *
  8 81.52.179.194 (81.52.179.194) 28.613 ms 30.151 ms 33.795 ms
  9 xe0-0-0.ter1.itx2.par.as8218.eu (83.167.56.189) 36.171 ms 39.944 ms *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *
13 * 91.202.200.35 (91.202.200.35) 29.187 ms 28.403 ms


$traceroute sip.services.livejournal.com
traceroute to sip.services.livejournal.com (208.93.0.193), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
  1 Livebox-AD10 (192.168.1.1) 1.979 ms 4.428 ms 5.242 ms
  2 * * *
  3 10.224.26.148 (10.224.26.148) 31.245 ms 33.970 ms *
  4 * * *
  5 * * *
  6 * * *
  7 * * *
  8 ae3.scr4.CDG2.gblx.net (67.16.138.9) 21.004 ms 26.647 ms 27.574 ms
  9 xe8-2-0-10G.scr4.LON3.gblx.net (67.16.165.230) 35.718 ms 41.449 ms *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *
13 * * *
14 unknown.prolexic.com (209.200.158.210) 184.723 ms * *
15 * * *
16 * * *
17 * * *
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * * *
24 * * *
25 * * *
26 * * *
27 * * *
28 * * *
29 * * *
30 * * *
markf  - Mark
Answer (#5657765)
Posted Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:44:18 GMT (4 years ago)
I apologize for the delay in responding to your request. You appear to be able to reach LiveJournal's servers without any difficulties. F-Secure Internet Security 2012 has been known to cause many conflicts with LiveJournal that prevent data from properly being sent or received. If you are using this software, please try disabling it.