What are the membership and posting settings for my community?
- Open: Join the community with the Join link at the upper right of the Community Profile page.
- Example: http://community.livejournal.com/communityname/profile
- Moderated: Request community membership with the Join link at the upper right of the Community Profile page, then wait for approval from a community maintainer.
- Closed: Accept an invitation from a community maintainer to join the community.
- Anybody: This option only appears on the Community Settings page; if you're creating a community, you will see the Non-Member Posting setting listed below. If you select this option, anyone can post to the community even without joining.
- All Members: After joining, all members can post entries to the community journal.
- Select Members: Only certain members with permission from the community maintainer can post entries to the community journal.
Non-Member Posting (menu seen only when creating a community)
- Non-Members Cannot Post: Join the community before posting entries there.
- Non-Members Can Post: Visit the Community Profile page and click the blue pencil () in the small blue toolbar to post entries there.
- Unmoderated: Entries will immediately be added to the community journal.
- Moderated: Entries must be approved by a community moderator before they are added to the community journal.
February 28th, 2009 (jai_dit)
Back to the Community Management FAQ category
Back to the FAQ listing
Back to the FAQ search page
Back to the support area