What is the "Calendar/Archive" feature?
The Calendar view (http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/calendar/
), also known as the Archive view, serves as a record of your previous entries. As you post entries in your journal, each one is archived on your Calendar by posting date, so that you can locate it later. It is not meant to keep track of birthdays or personal schedules like other online calendar services.
- Year View: The Calendar view automatically displays entries from the latest year where you have entries. Links to posts in a non-current year are shown in the Calendar view. They can also be reached by appending a specific year onto the end of the Calendar view URL. If you posted on a particular day, the number of posts that you have made in that day will display in the date box, including private or protected posts; the number in the date box links to the Day View; the name of the month links to the month view.
- Example URL: http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/yyyy/
- Month View: Month View displays a list of the first 2000 entries from a given month arranged by date. (Access later entries with individual Day Views.) This view includes the entry date, subject and number of received comments. If you are looking for a particular entry, this is often the best way to locate it, particularly if you remember the subject you used for that entry.
- Example URL: http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/yyyy/mm/
- Day View: Day View displays the first 200 entries you made on that day, similar to the Recent Entries view. (To view additional entries, you can use the "Previous" and "Next" arrow buttons found on individual entry pages.) However, all of the usual security settings still apply, and anyone visiting a Day page on your journal will see only those entries that they are normally permitted to view.
- Example URL: http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/yyyy/mm/dd/
In all examples given in this FAQ, you can replace your username with the username of the user whose Calendar view you wish to read. You may also substitute your username with a community name to view the community's Calendar.
December 7th, 2009 (jai_dit)
Back to the Journal Entries FAQ category
Back to the FAQ listing
Back to the FAQ search page
Back to the support area