Your journal or Friends page can display incorrectly when you or someone on your Friends list post an entry with incorrect HTML or with wide images or text. It can also happen with errors in your style customizations.
You can edit your entry
to resolve the problem. If the problem is with a friend's entry, ask them to take these steps instead:
If your friend doesn't correct a problem entry, you can still prevent it from affecting the rest of your Friends page:
- If your friends post large images, enable Image placeholders for your Friends page. Note that if enabled, they will also appear for images without size information.
- You can temporarily change the number of entries displayed per page, to prevent the problem entry from displaying.
- You can temporarily filter your friends page by journal type or by creating a custom Friends group.
- You can wait for other friends to post new entries. When there are enough newer entries on your Friends page, the problem entry will be pushed back to a previous page, and will no longer affect your main Friends page.
- If the problem is wide content, consider switching your journal's style to a style that handles wide content more gracefully, such as Expressive or Flexible Squares.
Incorrect customizations can cause your journal to display incorrectly. S1 Overrides
: If your overrides affect the width of your journal, make sure you are using the correct overrides for your style. Also, add the width of the journal, left, and right margins. If this number is more than 100%, make one of those numbers for widths smaller. If you continue to have problems with overrides, you may need to consult the FAQ on troubleshooting overrides
for further information.S1 Overrides with Plus Accounts
: Some S1 overrides that work correctly at the Basic or Paid account levels can conflict with ad placement in a Plus journal. If this is the case, you will either need to edit or remove your overrides, customize your journal using S2
, or switch to a different account level