Problems with uploading new images to your Scrapbook can happen for various reasons.
First, make sure the image that you try to upload is under the file size limit, and is one of the supported file types (you can learn more about these limitations here
). Also check whether the browser you are using is officially supported by LiveJournal
and there are no add-ons or other applications running that are blocking the upload.
Browse button is inactive
If you can’t press the Browse button make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
installed on your computer
The button can also become inactive after you have selected images. This can happen if the window where you choose images has been open for too long. Please refresh the page and try to upload images again if this happens.Error messages
The "Add to post" button is inactive
- When images are being downloaded and you see an empty window with an OK button, this means there was a problem with your internet connection during the upload. If you have an antivirus or any other special software that controls internet access installed on your computer try to temporarily turn it off during the uploading. If the problem remains, you may need to consult your internet service provider.
- If you see "Common error" while uploading images, there was a problem with the Scrapbook service. Please refresh the page and try to upload the images again.
- You see an error "Scrapbook: not enough space". This means that you ran out of storage space available for your account. You can delete some images or upgrade to a Paid account (or buy extra storage space).
This error may occur in FireFox browser if you try to add an image in the Visual Editor tab of the Update page. You can try any other browser from this list
If none of the above helped, open a Support request
. Please specify the following:
- Browsers that you used when you tried to upload an image
- The type of the images you tried to upload (.jpeg, .png, etc.) and their size
- Detailed step by step description of your actions
- The text of the error message (if you see one)