Paid repost is a new method of promoting your entry in other journals. You can add a "Paid repost" button to your entry and every user who reposts it into his journal will get some LJ Tokens (you’ll have to set a budget for reposts). Also, Paid repost is a new way for you to earn LJ Tokens. If you click on a Paid repost button in other user’s entry, this entry will be reposted to your journal and you’ll get some LJ Tokens for this. Paid repost is based on New-style reposting
The main features of a Paid repost are:
- The cost of a paid repost is based on the social capital and how much new audience is brought to the original post. It is calculated as (Social Capital*10*New Audience coefficient)-Commission.
- The reposter gets LJ Tokens 24 hours after the time he reposted the entry.
- One user can repost one entry for LJ Tokens only once. If you tried to repost an entry but cancelled a repost less than 24 hours after the repost was made, you won’t be able to make a paid repost of this entry again.
If you want to add a Paid repost button to your entry
- Create a new entry and add a new-style repost button to it (using a Rich Text Editor or adding <lj-like buttons="repost"> tag in HTML Editor).
- Check the field "Pay for reposts of this entry".
- Add LJ Tokens to the budget (at least 200). This sum will be reserved on your account after your send the entry to your journal. You can add more LJ Tokens to the budget later.
- Send the entry to your journal. Please note that scheduled entries can't contain a Paid repost button.
The cost of a paid repost is based on the social capital
of the reposter and how much new audience is brought to the original post. It is calculated as Social Capital*10*New Audience coefficient. Paid repost button is active until you have any LJ Tokens in your budget (after that users will still be able to press the Repost button but they won’t get any LJ Tokens for it). You can add more LJ Tokens (at least 200) to your budget while editing it: just type into "Add to budget" field the number of Tokens you’d like to add. This sum will be reserved on your account. How can I cancel Paid reposts of my entry?
- Uncheck the field "Pay for reposts of this entry" OR
- Delete the Repost button in your entry OR
- Take off the reservation in your Wallet OR
- Delete the entry itself.
After cancelling the Paid repost of the entry you’ll get the LJ Tokens that were reserved for it (the budget that wasn’t spent). The LJ Tokens that are already blocked (because somebody has reposted your entry but 24 hours since the repost hasn’t passed yet) will remain blocked. If the reposted deletes the repost in his journal you’ll get them back in 24 hours.
If you want to click on the Repost button and get some LJ Tokens
If you can see the number near the repost button this means you can get some LJ Tokens for reposting it. You just need to click that button — and the entry will appear in your journal as a new-style repost and the LJ Tokens you can get for it will appear in your Wallet
. Bear in mind that you will receive these LJ Tokens in 24 hours if you don’t delete the repost in your journal until that time. If you can’t see the number next to the button this means that either your social capital is less than 20 or this is not a Paid repost.Why can't I see a paid repost button?
You can’t see the number next to the button in the following situations:
- there are no more LJ Tokens in the budget, so the repost is no longer paid;
- your repost will not bring any new audience to the original entry - i.e. users who have added you as a friend (your audience) have already had the opportunity to see this post in their friends feeds due to previous reposts by their friends;
- the entries in your journal are published with privacy level "Just me (private)" or "Friends". Paid repost can be published only with privacy setting "Everyone (public)". You can change this setting here;
- repost is not paid;
- you have already made a paid repost of this entry;
- you are banned from the journal where the original entry is situated.
If you still can't see paid repost, maybe the anti-fraud system has triggered. LiveJournal has the special anti-fraud sustem to protect the service from users' attemts to increase theis social capital using unfair methods. How much LJ Tokens can I get?
Normally the sum of LJ Tokens you get is based on your social capital
and how much new audience is brought to the original post. It is calculated as (Social capital*10*New Audience coefficient)-Commission. The commission is determined by the total reward you would have received from a repost and is calculated by a sliding scale (see Commission Rules
). However, if the budget is less than this sum you get it all (just pay attention to the number written next to the report — this will be your income and takes the commission into account).
After you click the Paid repost button LJ Tokens you'll get will be blocked on the author’s account. It means that if your social capital was 30 you can get 30*10*1=300 LJ Tokens even if in the next 24 hours your social capital will decrease or increase.
But if you delete the repost in your journal before 24 hours pass you’ll get nothing at all. Commission Rules
How can I delete the Paid repost from my journal?
|Pre-commission reward |
|Commission on N tokens, |
(where [ ] means rounding up to the nearest integer)
|[0;100]||N(0.02)||(N=100) = 2|
|[101;1000]||2+[(N-100)*0.05]||(N=1000) = 2 + 45 = 47|
|[1001;5000]||47+ [(N-1000)*0.1)]||(N=5000) = 47 + 400 = 447|
|[5001;10000]||447 + [(N-5000)*0.2)]||(N=10000) = 447 + 1000 = 1447|
|[10001; +inf)||1447 + [(N-10000)*0.3)]||-|
Just click on the Repost button again.