Every LiveJournal user can customize the popular entries rating
, which is displayed on the main page
. It can be done on the main page or on the Manage Ratings
Managing Ratings on the main page
On the main LiveJournal page
in the upper right corner there is a box with ratings view settings. There you can choose:
- Hide or show multiple posts from the same account
- Hide or show posts from friends
- Hide or show read posts and blocked users.
Hovering the cursor over an entry on the main page you can:
- Mark entry as read
- Hide the entry's author from the rating (this user or community will be added to the blacklist).
Entries which you have marked as read as well as entries from blacklisted journals or communities are hidden from the ratings if «Hide read posts & blocked users» setting is enabled. If you choose «Show hidden posts», read posts and posts from blacklisted users will be shown in the rating; their heading and text will be coloured grey and there will be frame around such posts. By hovering the cursor over such entry you can mark it as unread or restore its author in the rating (this user or community will be deleted from the blacklist
«Manage Ratings» page
If you do not want to see at top ratings entries from certain journals or communities, you can add them to blacklist. You can do this on the page «Manage Ratings
». To do this, you should type in the «Add users to blacklist» field usernames of the users whose entries you do not wish to see in top of Ratings, separating them by commas, then press "Add" and "Save". All those journals, as well as ones you have chosen to hide on the main page, will appear in the «Search Blacklist» box. You can add up to 2000 journals in your blacklist.
What if I wish to return hidden journal to top of Ratings?
If you change your mind and decide to restore certain journals to top, you can do this on the «Manage Ratings
» page. In the «Search Blacklist» box hover the cursor over the author's username, press to the cross and then «Save». After that, the entries from this journal will appear in top of Ratings once again.
Some hints about adjusting your Ratings view
- When you hide a journal from the top: when hiding posts function is enabled, you will not see entries from this journal in the Rating. However, if the journal's owner posts an entry to a community and this entry makes it to the top, you will see it in the Rating as well.
- When you hide a community from the top: when hiding posts function is enabled, you will not see entries from this community in the Rating, regardless who have written these entries. If one of the community members post an entry to his/her personal journal or to another community and this entry makes it to the top, you will see it in the Rating as well.
- Promo and "must-read" are always displayed. If promo contains an entry from the journal or community you have hidden, you will see it anyway.