When you post an entry, you can either have it posted immediately, or write the entry now and schedule it to be posted at any later time & date.
To schedule the posting of a new entry:
- On the Update Journal page, click "Edit" in the "Date" field.
- Click the calendar icon.
- Select the date you want your entry to be posted on.
- Manually enter the time you want the entry to be posted.
- Click the "Post" button.
Scheduled entries still respect the same settings as normal entries; they can be posted at any privacy level
, commenting options can still be set, etc. The scheduled entry will post to your journal and appear on the friends pages of your friends when the scheduled date & time arrives
All your scheduled entries can be seen and edited at http://www.livejournal.com/manage/scheduled_posts.bml
. You can reach this page by going to the "Journal" menu and selecting "Scheduled Entries" in the site's main menu.
You can edit the date of a scheduled entry after it has been scheduled in the following ways:
- Change the date to another time which is also in the future. The entry will remain scheduled and will be published on the new date you choose.
- If you change the date to the current time, or a date which is in the past, the entry will be posted immediately.
Scheduled entries in communities
You can also post scheduled entries to communities. If the community is moderated
, you need to be allowed to post entries without moderation to post a scheduled entry.
Scheduled entries in communities can be seen before the scheduled date by their entry's author, and also by the community's moderators
If the person who has scheduled an entry to a community loses the right to post there before the entry posts (if they were removed as a member of a members-only community, their unmoderated posting status is removed, or their account is suspended), their scheduled entry will not post and will be deleted automatically.
Scheduled entries in communities can be deleted at any time by their author, community maintainers, and the owner of the community.