What is a community maintainer?
A maintainer is a personal account that has administrative control over the community. A community must always have at least one maintainer, as well as one owner
. Maintainers have the ability to change most of the community's settings and control community membership, as explained below.
Any maintainer can:
- View and change most of the community's settings;
- Change the community's customizations;
- Invite, remove, or ban users;
- Add new maintainers;
- Approve or reject requests for membership (if applicable);
- Delete entries or comments;
- Freeze or screen comments, and see screened comments;
- Create, edit, and delete entry tags.
- Create the sticky entry for the community.
- Create a mass mailing for community members.
Some of these tasks are performed through the Community Management
page. Others are performed by selecting the community's username from the "Work as User" menu at the top of the page in question and clicking Switch
to change to the community.
Maintainers cannot remove other maintainers, nor can they delete or rename the community. These abilities are reserved for the community owner
June 19th, 2012 (livejournal)
Back to the Community Management FAQ category
Back to the FAQ listing
Back to the FAQ search page
Back to the support area