A maintainer is a personal account that has administrative control over a community. A community must always have at least one maintainer (when a community only has one maintainer, that user is also the community's owner
). Maintainers have the ability to change most of the community's settings and control community membership, as explained below.
List of maintainer abilities
Any maintainer can:
- View and change most of the community's settings;
- Change the community's customizations;
- Invite, remove, or ban users;
- Add new maintainers;
- Approve or reject requests for membership (if applicable);
- Delete entries or comments;
- Freeze or screen comments, and see screened comments;
- Create, edit, and delete entry tags.
- Create the sticky entry for the community.
- Create a mass mailing for community members.
Some of these tasks are performed through the Community Management
page. Others are performed by selecting the community's username from the "Work as User" menu at the top of the page in question and clicking Switch
to change to the community.
Maintainers cannot remove other maintainers, nor can they delete or rename the community. These abilities are reserved for the community owner
- While a moderator can always add existing tags, they can only create new tags or remove tags from an entry if the "Who can create new tags and add/remove tags from entries" on Manage Tags
is set to Members Only, Any User, or to a Custom Security Group
that contains that moderator.
- When a moderator screens a comment that comment is collapsed but a link remains for the moderator to unscreen the comment. If they refresh the page, that comment will then be entirely hidden and can't be unscreened.