Users located in Russia and subscribed to Beeline (Russia), Megafon (Russia), MTS (Russia) mobile networks, as well as users located in Kazakhstan and subscribed to Kcell (Kazakhstan), can sign up to receive notifications about comments via text messaging.IMPORTANT!!!
When activating this feature, you agree that the text message notifications may contain advertising content of the mobile network provider collaborating with partnering network operators, regardless of the LJ account type, i.e. including the paid and permanent accounts.
Activating the feature
To activate the feature, go to Edit Profile
page and enter the following information in the Text messaging section:
- Phone number served by a partnering network in the format shown.
- If the specified phone number complies with the format, button Send will appear below the field. Please press the button to receive a text message with the feature activation confirmation code.
- Enter the received code into Confirmation code field and press button Confirm to finalize feature activation.
Once the feature is activated, «Notifications
» tab on Account Settings page will display the new text message delivery method for the following events:
- Somebody commented any entry in my journal
- Somebody commented my entries in any community
- Somebody replied to my comment
After signing up
to these events, you will receive notifications about comments of the selected type via text messages sent to your specified cell phone number.
Deactivating the feature
To deactivate the feature, simply delete or edit the phone number in the Full phone number field in the Text messaging
section on Edit Profile page and save the changes. After that restoring/reactivating the feature will require a new activation procedure