LiveJournal offers mobile apps for iPhones/iOS
, Windows Phone
, and Windows Mobile
. There are also third party apps developed for LiveJournal that allow you to use many of LiveJournal's features without opening your web browser.
LiveJournal's Devices page
will allow you to select your mobile device's operating system and provide you with a link to the most recent version of the official LiveJournal app for your device.
The mobile app offers many of the features of LiveJournal, including:
- Posting to your journal or to communities you are a member of
- Adding photos from your device's photo library or camera
- Tag selection with menus of your existing tags
- Security and Userpic selection for each entry
- LJ-user, LJ-cut, Bold, Italic and Strike formatting buttons
- View updates to your Friends Feed
- View your own latest entries page
- View your notifications and private messages
- View your friends list, visit their journals, and send them private messages
- Browse popular communities
- View a feed of the latest entries from popular journals and communities
Desktop apps & browser add-ons
Other software is available which will allow you to use some of LiveJournal's features through downloadable software or add-ons for your web browser. Please note that the software listed below is developed by third parties, and its functionality and safety cannot be guaranteed by LiveJournal.Semagic
Semagic is a downloadable app developed for Windows, which can also be run on MacOS and Linux by using WINE
. Semagic allows you to post new entries and images to LiveJournal, and to manage your existing entries. Semagic can be downloaded from its page on SourceForge
, and has a LiveJournal community at ljwin32_sema
with the latest information about the app.