How do I downgrade to Basic? What happens when I downgrade from Plus to Basic?
You may downgrade from a Plus Account
to a Basic Account
at the Downgrade to Basic page
. Please note that you will be unable to view the page if you do not currently have a Plus Account. If you currently have a Paid Account
you will need to wait for your paid time to expire
before you can downgrade.
Basic Accounts offer fewer features than Plus Accounts or Paid Accounts, but when logged in users with a Basic Account will see less advertising
than with a Plus account. Switching from a Plus Account to a Basic Account will reduce the limits offered for some features, and remove the ability to use other features. A full list of all affected features can be seen on this comparison chart
- some of the major feature changes are highlighted below.
- Your base limit will decrease from 15 to 6. Pictures over this limit will be marked as inactive.
- Scrapbook photo hosting
- You will not be able to upload new photos to Scrapbook. However, all your old photos that are already uploaded to Scrapbook will be stored where you'll be able to manage them & add them to entries and comments.
- You will no longer be able to use the advanced search options.
- Mobile posting
- You will no longer be able to make mobile or voice posts.
- Your most recent 25 subscriptions will remain active. All other subscriptions will be deactivated, but not deleted. Your active subscriptions will not include any event types that a Basic account cannot subscribe to.
Community and personal accounts
- You will lose theme and layout settings if you are using a theme or layout only available to Plus and Paid accounts.
July 16th, 2012 (livejournal)
Back to the Account Levels FAQ category
Back to the FAQ listing
Back to the FAQ search page
Back to the support area