. If your browser isn't listed, try upgrading or reconfiguring your browser, or switching browsers while using LiveJournal. If your browser is listed, try reconfiguring any filtering software, reconfiguring system configuration files, scanning your computer for malware (such as spyware or adware), or contacting your ISP for assistance.
- Font Size: If the text on LiveJournal pages becomes smaller or larger, your browser's font size settings may have changed. Consult your browser's documentation for instructions on resetting its font size settings.
- Zoom Settings: If all or some LiveJournal pages seem larger or smaller than usual, please check that you have not inadvertently turned on your browser's zoom feature. Many modern browsers remember zoom settings for individual pages, which may cause only some pages to look larger or smaller. Your browser's help documentation will explain how to reset the zoom.
- Comment Buttons: If you cannot click buttons to leave comments or see any buttons, your browser security settings for livejournal.com are too high. You should name LiveJournal as a trusted site or manually lower the browser security settings for livejournal.com specifically. Consult your browser's documentation for information on security settings.
- No Stylesheet or Images: If LiveJournal pages have lost all their formatting, then the CSS stylesheet did not load.
- Browser Cache: Refresh the page to see if the page displays properly. If it does not reload correctly, try clearing your browser cache.
- Filtering Software: Ensure that your browser, any adblockers, or other filtering software allow pages to load from livejournal.com and all its subdomains (particularly l-stat.livejournal.com, l-userpic.livejournal.com and pics.livejournal.com).
- HOSTS file: Other programs may have altered your system's configuration files to block access to l-stat.livejournal.com, l-userpic.livejournal.com and pics.livejournal.com. Many operating systems have a HOSTS file, which can block access to defined sites. You may wish to use your favorite search engine to find instructions on how to check and edit your HOSTS file.
- Malware: Scan your computer for malware, such as adware or spyware, because this software can prevent LiveJournal pages from displaying properly.
- ISP Blocks: Contact your Internet service provider and let them know that you are having trouble reaching (or using) livejournal.com and its subdomains (including l-stat.livejournal.com and pics.livejournal.com).
- Browser Extensions: Some browser extensions may cause LiveJournal pages to display improperly. Please try using an alternate web browser with no extensions, temporarily disabling your extensions, or running your browser in "Safe Mode".
If none of these suggestions help you, you can select a different site scheme
or use a downloadable client
, which may resolve or reduce the problems you are experiencing.