Searching for a Specific Person
If you know the LiveJournal username of the person or community you are looking for, you can find their journal by going to the following link, replacing exampleusername
with that person's username:
Alternatively, you can use the "search" box in the top right corner of main LiveJournal pages to search for someone using their username, email, or Instant Messenger identity.
The email and Instant Messenger identity searches are the easiest ways to find a LiveJournal username when you do not know the person's specific username and are not able to ask them. However, many users do not make this information public, which hides them from search results.
Other Search Methods
If you are not looking for a specific individual, or if the method above did not work for you, then you may wish to use another search method. These include:
Restricted Search Methods
The following search methods are restricted by your account level:
- Location: If you have an Early Adopter, Plus, Paid, or Permanent account, you can search by location.
- Directory: Early Adopter, Plus, Paid, and Permanent users can search the Directory to find other users or communities. These searches can include age, friends, interests, location, etc.
- All LiveJournal users are listed in the Directory, but users without access to the Directory cannot see their own listings.
- You can remove yourself from certain Directory searches at the Edit Profile page, by unchecking the "Show your location to" option (to be removed from location searches) or selecting "Nobody" for the "Show your Birthday to:" option (to be removed from age searches).
- Friends' Friends page: If you have a Paid or Permanent account, you can view a single page which combines the friends' pages of all of your friends.