What is "watching" a community? How do I separate them from the rest of my Friends page?
"Watching" a community means adding a community to your Friends list
; your username is also shown on the Community Profile under "Watched By" and its public entries are shown on your Friends page.
Unless you join the community
(become a member), you will not be able to see protected community entries
; community settings may prevent watchers from posting entries or comments.
You have three options to watch journals (personal, community
, or syndicated
) separately from the rest of your Friends:
- Use custom friends groups, particularly the Default View group;
- Remove the journal from your Friends list and view its entries by visiting the account directly;
- ?show= Add ?show=C (communities), ?show=N (news), ?show=P (personal), or ?show=Y (syndicated) to the end of your friends page URL to show entries for that type of journal.
- Community Entries: http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/friends/?show=C
- Personal Entries: http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/friends/?show=P
- Syndicated Entries: http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/friends/?show=Y
- ?show=PC or ?show=CY: You can also combine the letters to show multiple types of journals on your Friends page.
September 8th, 2010 (right)
Back to the Communities FAQ category
Back to the FAQ listing
Back to the FAQ search page
Back to the support area