Paid accounts help keep LiveJournal in business. To show appreciation for users who have made contributions, a number of premium features are only available to users with Paid Accounts.
All Paid Accounts
can access these features:
- Access to 30 userpics, rather than the 6 allowed to Basic Account users.
- Ability to purchase up to 210 additional userpics.
- Ability to browse and search through your userpics when posting or commenting by clicking the "Choose userpic" button next to the userpic selection option.
- Note: Although communities with Paid Accounts are given more userpics and can have add-on userpic space, neither maintainers nor members can select the userpics when posting entries;
- Ability to view your own journal without ads, logged in or logged out.
- Ability to display your journal to all visitors (logged in or logged out) without ads.
- Ability to view the journals of others without ads while logged in. (Logged-out users will see advertisements according to the status of each journal they are viewing.)
- Ability to view other site pages without seeing most ads from external advertisers. (Promotions for LiveJournal goods and services will still be visible, as will certain items like links to sponsored communities.)
- Ability to create custom mood themes;
- Access to the complete range of options for embedding your journal into your home page and the reverse ability to set up domain forwarding, so that your domain points to your LiveJournal;
- A @livejournal.com email forwarding address;
- Ability to see up to 100 recent comments, rather than the 10 allowed to Basic account users;
- Ability to expand collapsed comment threads, and to have Basic, Early Adopter, and Plus users expand collapsed comment threads in your Paid journal or community.
- Access to your Friends of Friends list: http://exampleusername.livejournal.com/friendsfriends/
- Ability to filter entries according to security when viewing your journal, as well as when viewing other journals.
- Ability to notify Weblogs.com of (public) updates to your journal.
The following features are available to communities with Paid accounts
The following features only apply to personal Paid Accounts, and cannot be accessed using a community with a Paid Account:You can buy a Paid Account
for yourself with automatic payments
(automatic credit card payments according to your preferred billing cycle) or a manual payment at the LiveJournal Gift Shop
. The US $19.95 a year price for Paid Accounts is only available with automatic payments. Further information on how to purchase a Paid account may be found here