When your Paid Account expires, your account will revert to the level you had beforehand. You will no longer have access to any premium features, and the expiration will have different effects on any premium features you have previously used.
If you have a Paid Account, you can see when it expires by logging in
, then visiting either your User Profile
page or the Paid Account Status
- Basic Account: If you purchased paid time for a Basic Account, that account will revert to Basic after its paid time expires.
- Plus Account: If you purchased paid time for a Plus Account, that account will revert to Plus after its paid time expires.
- Early Adopter: If you purchased paid time for an Early Adopter account, that account will revert to Early Adopter after its paid time expires.
- S1 Style System: Paid users who are using a custom S1 style can continue to use that style, but will not be able to edit it. Any other style you have created will become inaccessible. If you change your journal style to another system style, you will not be able to change back to your custom style. If you want to change your style again, you will either need to purchase additional paid time for the account or use overrides.
- S2 Style System: Paid account users who are using a public style that is not available to your account type, or a custom S2 style, can continue to use that style, but will not be able to edit it further than the options on the Customize Your Theme section of the Customize Journal Style page. Journals using customized comment pages will revert to site scheme comment pages.
- Mood Themes: Previously created custom mood themes can be used, but can no longer be edited.
- Userpics: Some of your userpics may be marked as inactive.
- Syndicated Accounts (Feeds): Formerly paid users will no longer be able to create new syndicated accounts, but you will still be able to add existing ones to your Friends list.
- Voice Posts: Any voice posts that you made will remain in your journal for at least six months after your Paid Account expires. However, after this period of time is over, the audio files may be deleted from your account.
- Friends List: If you have added more Friends than your new account level allows, you will be permitted to keep those users on your Friends list. However, you will be unable to add more users to your Friends list until you are below your new limit.
- To-Do List: If you created more To-Do items than your new account level allows, you will be permitted to keep them on your To-Do List. However, you will be unable to add others until you are below your new limit. Also, if you modify a To-Do item, its security will be set to "public" if your new account level doesn't allow Friends-only or Private security for your To-Do items.
- Navigation Strip: Logged-out users viewing your journal will no longer see a username and password form in the navigation strip in your journal, if you have it enabled. Instead, a link will be presented that they must click to log in.
- Subscriptions: Your most recent 25 (for Basic accounts) or 200 (for Plus accounts) subscriptions will remain active. All other subscriptions will be deactivated, but not deleted. Your active subscriptions will not include any event types that your new account level cannot subscribe to.